7/12/2015

Trusting Is Worth It



I have no idea what I would be doing this summer if God hadn't blessed me with my job.

For the last year, I had a set summer job in mind: Barnes & Noble.  My mind was convinced that somehow I would end up working there.  I'm not really sure why.  Maybe because I love books, and I am a creative writing major, so I assumed they would hire me.

As the months went on I kept checking on the job openings for B&N, but nothing ever came up.  By May, I still hadn't applied for anything, and I was starting to freak out.  So when I came home from college, I applied to several jobs I knew I didn't want but did need.  I began feeling a little lost not knowing how I was going to make money for school.

After about two weeks of job searching, a girl I graduated with messaged me on Facebook.  She said she had been watching my vlogs and knew I needed a job.  She encouraged me to apply for a day care position where she was working.  My mind immediately felt peace, and I knew God was moving.

Fast forward two months to now:  I am working ten hours a day taking care of kindergartners, and I couldn't be happier.  God provided me with a job that has allowed me to save up money and be in an environment where I feel I belong.  I spend my days playing with, disciplining, and teaching these kids who I have come to adore!  What more could I ask for?

This experience has shown me that God provides, as long as you trust Him with your circumstances.  Trusting God has been a struggle for me since becoming a Christian, but I am slowly learning how to give Him all my worries.

Every morning on my twenty-minute drive to work, I pray out loud and thank God for this amazing opportunity.  Though each day is a challenge when the kids refuse to listen or are screaming, I know that God is allowing me to show His love to them all. 

"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." // Colossians 3:23 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment