7/06/2015

My (short) Testimony


 
 
By Sunday evening I had failed to come up with or plan any ideas for this week’s blog post.  So I decided to ask my fiancé what I should write about.  He told me that I should share my testimony.  Here it is.
Like everyone else who has a testimony to share, mine is unique to myself.  I went to church my whole life, but never gave my life to Christ until I was twelve.  This is the age I began to go to youth group, and it changed my life.  Well, not youth group itself but the leaders and fellow students.

One night after going to youth for a while, I felt that something was different.  I heard a voice inside my head telling me that I needed to change the way I was living.  Looking back now, I realize the voice was the Holy Spirit, but I didn’t know that then.

My story isn’t very dramatic.  It’s cut and dry.  It’s the journey since then that has been more of a roller coaster.  I have dealt with overcoming sin, anxiety, depression, and a lot of selfishness.  However, I can tell you with confidence that I am not the same person I was six years ago when I accepted Jesus. 

The moment you decide to change your life and focus on God is monumental, but I can tell you from experience that the decisions you make throughout your God-centered life will truly test your faith.  Saying “yes” to Jesus isn’t a one-way ticket to Heaven.  In order to live your life to the full, depending on and trusting in the Lord is the key.

Though surrendering your life to God is tough to follow through with, it is definitely worth it to serve God in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment