7/19/2015

Inspiration Matters



Inspiration was definitely on my mind this week.  Why?  I have no idea, but I'm gonna talk about it.

A lot of things in my life seem to inspire me.  In good ways.  In bad ways.  In weird ways.  I was inspired by a Youtuber I watch to write this post.  Inspiration is all around.

Most of my inspiration comes from sites like Instagram, Pinterest, or Tumblr, but there are more genuine resources to look to.  A natural source of inspiration for me is hiking.  I become completely surrounded by God's incandescent creation and can't help but be inspired.  

Like today, my family and I went hiking twenty minutes from our house to explore the woods.  And being us, of course, we didn't just walk around.  My brothers and I swung on vines, climbed trees, and dodged the massive mud puddles.  I felt like a six-year-old.  An awesome way to find inspiration is to just be a kid again.  I'm not talking about throwing temper tantrums and using baby talk (though I might have).  I'm talking about purely playing in whatever environment you're in and enjoy every moment.

To me, people bring the most inspiration.  I see other woman all around me who live totally for Christ--while making my own mental notes--and wondering how they're doing it.  When I think about it, the answer is pretty simple: the Word.  The Bible is full of inspiration and encouragement on how to glorify God in everything you do.  I don't know about you, but I need to start looking there for more of my daily inspiration.

Think about what inspires you.  What is the outcome of this inspiration?  Is it good?  Or bad?  Allow inspiration to enter your mind and move you to do amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment