7/26/2015

Two Are Better than One



This weekend, my best friends and I took a trip shopping!  Pretty basic, I know.  But we had to do it.  The three of us had not hung out together in a such a long time.  I was starting to forget how those times felt.  But as soon as we all got together, we were inseparable.

I am definitely a person with a limited amount of friends.  I would honestly say I can count all my friends on one hand.  That may be a little sad to you (and to me sometimes), but I consider it an accomplishment.  Please don't think I'm not friendly or stand-off-ish because I'm not.  I have plenty of acquaintances and people that I talk to on a daily basis.  I just take the word "friend" seriously.

I am super close to each one of my friends.  I met almost all of them in middle school--you can imagine immensely awkward pre-teens strolling the halls and being all weird.  And not everything in these friendships has been peachy.  We have gone through our fair share of drama, I mean, a LOT of drama.

These girls have been there for me the past almost ten years (what?!), and I can say I have been there for them as well.  Nothing has broken our bonds of friendship.  God has been in the center of these relationships, and I am so glad for that.  I believe that having genuine closeness among friends is so much better than having a ton of friends that you never grow close to.

So since I hadn't been with these two in a while, it was so much fun to spend an entire day spending too much money and rushing home because one of them had to walk in a parade. ;)  I am so thankful for my friends, and I have no idea where I would be without them today.  It's good to be alone sometimes for personal growth, but being with friends allows you to grow closer to yourself, your friends, and God.

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed." || Ecclesiastes 4:9


 

No comments:

Post a Comment