9/11/2014

A New Adventure



I am the student who has changed my major quite a few times (3 to be exact!)  Since my younger years, I have always had a harder time than the other kids trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.  I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up!  

Of course, having that stress as a child is nothing compared to the stress that is revealed once you reach college.  People are constantly asking "What's your major?" and "What do you plan on doing after school?"  My answer was always: "I feel like God is leading me (fill in the blank)."

The real, honest truth...

I. DON'T. KNOW.

Up until this summer, I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do with my life after college.

This fact caused me anxiety, stress, uncertainty, and shame.  Everyone else around me knew their plan, had it all figured out.  I felt as though others were judging me, thinking, "she should know what she wants to do by now."  I felt utterly inadequate.

At the time, I was completely ignorant of God's truth about my life:

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those God and are called according to his purpose for them." // Romans 8:28

How could I forget this promise?  The one that I had spent years resonating on and taking comfort in during those hard times.

And then I realized,

THIS IS OKAY.

It is okay for us to not know what we are going to do or accomplish or experience in our future.
That's the beauty of it.  That's the adventure that God invites us to go on with Him.  The mystery of His omniscience is one of the reasons for why He is so worthy of worship.

It all comes down to this:

WE MUST TRUST GOD.

Without giving our whole life and trust to God, we will have nothing.  He is everything.

"Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.  Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.  All day long I put my hope in you." // Psalm 25:4-5

Since I have put my trust in Him, God has filled me with passion for writing and has called me into that field, whatever may be the result of it.  Trusting Him is always the best option, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment