7/22/2014

What Reading Has Taught Me About Jesus



I just need to write about books today. So, here goes nothing.

All of my life I have reads books.  From The Magic Tree House to Harry Potter to Crazy Love, I have always been turning the pages.  I seriously need a new bookshelf because mine is about to fall over and crush me in my sleep.

Of course, there have been times when I get bored with reading and stop, but then I realize how much I miss it.  There have also been times when I stall in the middle of a book and wind up taking 6 months to finish it.  Sometimes I don't even finish books.

Though I seem to have mixed emotions about them, I can't get enough of books!  They influence my life in countless ways every day.  They allow me to escape into worlds where everything is different, for a change.  Others teach me about relationships and history and people of this world and God.

The thing is, I always find my way back to books.  It's kinda like my relationship with God.  Or exactly the same.  Yeah, it's the same.

It is really really easy to stray away from God, especially when life becomes stagnant.  We find that it makes sense to praise God during times of blessings, but what do we do when life becomes tough?  I know what I do (most of the time): complain to God.  I stop communing with Him, and I lose focus on the path He has laid before me.

The time comes, typically, when I miss God (even though He never left).  The cycle continues with a "good enough" relationship, and life goes on, until the same events happen again.  Does this sound familiar to you?  

Well, I know I am tired of this routine.  I want to live relentlessly for God and seek His face every day without complaining or laziness.  I desire to glorify Him in my relationships, how I take care of myself, my school, my writing, and every little thing.  I want to show others His love and His light, no matter what comes my way.  I want to be wholly surrendered to Christ, above all else.

Right now, I am changing the way I live.  No more "normal" living.  I will be bold.  I will take a stand.  I will be brave for Jesus.

Will you join me?  Will you break out of the norm and run to the Lord?  
{He will use you just as you are, I have no doubt.}

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." || Jeremiah 29:13

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comparison and for the encouragement to revive my relationship with God

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Chesterton said, "One of the surest signs of life is to stand against the tide of the culture. Dead fish float downstream." Live a questionable life, meaning that when people see you, they won't see "normal" and they'll have to question you. When your fear of the Lord is greater than your fear of men you will be bold, do bold things, and will only care that you are pleasing your father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete