7/17/2014

Brave Spirit



I want to be brave.

I don't want to be afraid to step out.

I don't want my fears to hold me back from doing something monumental.

The truth is, this is harder than it seems.  Unfortunately, worry is something that all of us deal with, and to be honest, it sucks.  Like a lot.

Before we can commit to anything, we were taught to make a list of pros and cons that will eventually lead us to the right decision.  Is this the right way to do this?  Isn't this just a form of worrying that God tells us not to do?

I am a nervous person in general, so when I think about myself doing anything with boldness, my body cringes, while a rush of anxiety tenses me.

Most of the time, I fail to realize that God has freely given us His Holy Spirit for these exact situations.

The Spirit is meant to lead us in the ways of the Father, so we will not be led astray.  All we need to do is ask.

This almost seems too simple.  Like, "God, are you sure you don't want be to be at a certain level of Christianity before you put the Holy Spirit inside of me?"

The answer to this question is "no."  After we have been reconciled with God, He sees us as His Son: perfect and blameless.  He gladly desires to fill us with His living Spirit.

"So after we receive the Spirit, the worry is gone?"

Again, no.  We will always be tempted to worry in all circumstances.  In those moments, when we are about to cave in, we must call on the Spirit to lead us away from sin and toward righteousness.  He will never fail us.

Of course, being sinful creatures, we will have the times when we fail, but we shouldn't be doubtful of the Spirit, because He forgives us!  We have unending forgiveness in not only the Father and Jesus, but also in the Spirit.

Be brave.  Be brave in the Spirit of the Lord, who formed every part of you.  He's worth it.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.  Let me walk upon the waters, wherever You would call me.  Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander.  And my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior. || Oceans

No comments:

Post a Comment