5/21/2014

God Sustains: A Testimony of the Nervous



Sometimes a tingling sensation rises into my chest as my stomach twists and turns furiously. I know what this feeling means, but I try to push it back, refusing to acknowledge it. These anxiety attacks have only occurred at two different points in my life. When I left for college, out of fear of the unknown, I suppose, but that’s over now. Recently, the culprit has been not having in control of my future. I know in my mind that God has a plan, for my good, but I don’t know it in my heart. I am extremely prone to becoming easily nervous, and maybe that’s normal, however, it doesn't feel right. During these times, I sense loneliness, even though I’m not alone. It feels like no one cares, but someone does.  

The Lord loves me, but I seem to take it for granted or even forget sometimes. Only He can sustain me and bring me peace (Philippians 4). This morning, I cried out to God to bring me peace, not knowing whether or not He would comply. At the end of this day, I can tell you, though there were many tears, I have experienced the company of friendship, family, and my fiance, all encouraging me. I sang (loudly) the words of “Tomorrow,” trying vigorously to believe every single word.  


I am grateful to God for the way He answered my dearest prayer today. He got me through the troubles and suffering of this chaotic day, and I can see that He is good. He brought me His peace, which transcends all understanding. I will give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His love is unconditional, and I am drowning in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment